2. Observe percent rated current meter. Do not exceed 5% load diff erence between phases. A 0.8
power factor load equals a 100% meter reading for maximum rated load. A 1.0 power factor load equals an 80% meter
reading for maximum rated load.
(i) During operation of the generator set, observe the following.
1. Check % rated current meter.
2. Check fuel level gage periodically.
3. Oil pressure gage located in engine should indicate 20 psig minimum.
4. Check running time meter periodically in order to perform preventive maintenance checks and
services at proper intervals.
5. Battery indicator should indicate yellow while battery is charging, green when battery is fully charged.
7. Frequency meter should indicate 60 Hz at rated load.
(j) During operation, inspect for leaks, paying particular attention to engine fuel and oil lines and connections.
(k) During operation, listen for unusual noises which may indicate a pending malfunction.
b. Air Conditioner. The air conditioner is design ed for operation in a wide range of climatic conditions either
continuously or intermittently. The amount of operator attention required will vary depending on specific local conditions
for each installation. Under usual conditions, the air conditioner will be set up for the appropriate mode of operation at the
beginning of a season and will only need starting and stopping and minor adjustments for the rest of the season. Table
2-3 provides the recommended initial control settings
to establish the desired mode for operation.
Under some climatic conditions, local practices may be established to close the
vent control and/or roll down and snap in place the fabric cover during shutdown
periods. If such practices are in effect, the operator must first unsnap, roll up, and
secure the fabric cover and appropriately adjust the vent control before turning the
MODE SELECTOR switch to the desired operating mode.
Table 2-3. Initial Operator Control Settings
100% Recirculated Air
or HIGH HEAT
Cooling with 100%
Any Mode - with
make-up Air Through