Section VII. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
4-34. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE.
a. Administrative Storage of Equipment.
Reference TM 740-90-1, Administrative Storage of Equipment.
Administrative storage is short term storage 1 to 45 days. It covers a storage of equipment which can be readied for
mission performance within 24 hours. Before placing an item in administrative storage, the next scheduled preventive
maintenance checks and services (PMCS) should be performed, all known deficiencies corrected, and all current
modification work orders applied. The administrative storage site should provide required protection from the elements
and allow access for visual inspection when applicable.
(1) Disconnect auxiliary fuel hose from generator-set and store drum adapter and fuel hose, if applicable.
(2) Clean exterior surfaces of air conditioner and generator using a soft clean cloth (item 5, appendix F)
(3) Disconnect flexible ducts from air conditioner and shelter, store flexible ducts and shelter adapters in
Use care not to damage molded rubber gasket on shelter adapter.
(4) Install adapter end covers.
(5) Roll down the fabric cover and snap in place.
(6) Raise leg prop assembly and lock in place.
(7) Remove fire extinguisher from bracket and secure with safety pin. Store in accessory box.
(8) Ensure all brakes and switches are in off position.
(9) Discharge batteries; refer to TM 5-6115-585-12.
(10) Drain excess fuel, if applicable; refer to TM 5-6115-585-12.
b. Intermediate Storage (46 to 180 days). No special handling is required other than protection from damage and
(1) Do all steps for administrative storage.
(2) Place the trailer-mounted, generator-set powered, air conditioner in a dry, covered area.