4.17 OUTSIDE FAN MOTOR REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Tiedown Straps (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Cut and discard two tiedown straps (1) securing cap (2) and plug (3).
(4) Disconnect cap (2) and plug (3).
(5) Tag wire leads then cut plug (3) with contacts (4) off outside fan motor cable leads and discard.
(6) Cut and discard two tedown straps (5) securing outside blower motor cable then pull cable through
(7) Loosen two setscrews (7) then remove outside fan (8).
(8) Remove seven screws (9) and retaining plate (10).
(9) Remove outside fan motor (11).