4.26 ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(4) Remove two screws (3) and compressor cover (4).
(5) Remove four screws (5) and flat washers (6). Carefully pull inside blower motor cover (7) out as far as wire
leads will allow.
(7) Cut two each tabs (8) with tab housings (9) off cable leads and discard.
(8) Remove locking nut (10 ) then pull cable (11) with strain relief fitting (12) out. Install locking nut to retain
sealing washer (13).
(9) Loosen compression nut (14) then slide strain relief fitting (12) off cable (11). Pull cable through lanyard
(15) then slide strain relief fitting onto cable far enough to leave one inch of the cable extending from the
strain relief fitting and tighten compression nut.
(10) Tag wire leads then cut two each caps (16) with contacts (17) off heater cable leads and discard.
(11) Remove locking nuts (18) then pull cables (19) with strain relief fittings (20) out. Install locking nuts to retain
sealing washers (21).
(12) Loosen compression nuts (22) then slide strain relief fittings (20) off cables (19). Pull cables through
lanyard (15) then slide strain relief fittings onto cables far enough to leave one inch of the cables extending
from the strain relief fittings and tighten compression nuts.
(13) Cut and discard three tiedown straps (23) securing outside blower motor cable.
(14) Tag and disconnect cap (24) with contacts (25).
(15) Remove nut (26), lock washer (27), flat washer (28), ground lead (29), and flat washer (30). Discard lock
(16) Tag four wire leads at inside blower motor connection points then cut off and discard three crimp nuts (31)
to disconnect three power leads. Remove screw (32), lock washer (33), and flat washer (34) to disconnect
the fourth, ground, lead. Retain lock washer for use during installation.
(17) Remove locking nut (35) then pull cable (36 ) with strain relief fitting (37) out of inside blower motor cover
(7). Install locking nut to retain sealing washer (38).
(18) Tag wire leads attached to compressor ground stud then remove nut (39), lock washer (40), and flat washer
(41) to disconnect them. Discard lock washer.
(19) Tag the two wire leads attached to compressor high temperature cutout (42) (S6) and disconnect from
(20) Tag three wire leads connected to compressor input power terminals then remove three screws (43), lock
washers (44), and flat washers (45) to disconnect them.