4.27 POWER BOX ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED.
(20) Install inside blower motor cover (9) then align mounting holes and secure with four flat washers (8) and
(21) Install compressor cover (6) under reversing valve guard (59) then align mounting holes and secure with
two screws (5).
(22) Close power box assembly cover (4) and turn three latches (3) to secure.
(23) Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with
eight captive screws (1).
(25) Connect FDECU main power cable to power source and operate per paragraph 2.4.
4.28 CAPACITORS (C7 THRU C9) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 4)
Marker Tags (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect main power cable from power source.
(2) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(3) Turn to release three latches (3) and open power box assembly cover (4).
All three capacitors are mounted under a common bracket that must be removed
to access any individual capacitor.
(4) Remove four nuts (5), lock washers (6), flat washers (7), and bracket (8). Discard lock washers.