4.33 ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY MOUNTING BRACKET AND SLIDE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 20)
a. Removal. See figure 4-32.
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect main power cable from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(4) Turn to release three latches (3) and open power box assembly cover (4).
(5) Remove nut (5), lock washer (6), and flat washer (7) to disconnect power box assembly ground strap (8)
from frame. Discard lock washer.
(6) Support electrical assembly (2) then remove eight nuts (9), lock was hers (10), flat washers (11), screws
(12), and flat washers (13). Discard lock washers. Close power box assembly cover (4) and turn three
latches (3) to secure. Support electrical assembly as necessary then slide bracket (14) back into unit.
(7) Remove 11 screws (15), lock washers (16), flat washers (17), and mounting bracket (18) assembly.
Discard lock washers.
Repair is limited to replacement of missing or damaged components. The
following disassembly and assembly procedures provide for complete repair.
Disassemble only to extent necessary.
If the following components are to be reused, the attaching hardware must be
retained for use during assembly.
(1) Remove two nuts (19), lock washers (20), flat washers (21), and handle (22).