(1) Install and secure locking nut (20) onto strain relief fitting (23).
(2) Be sure sealing washer (22) is on strain relief fitting (23) then carefully push cable assembly (10) through
control box chassis (21) hole. Carefully bend connector (11) wire leads over so connector can pass
through control box chassis hole.
(3) Loosen and remove locking nut (20) by sliding off end of cable assembly (10). Carefully bend connector
(11) wire leads over to remove locking nut.
(4) Install new lock washer (19), screw (18), new lock washer (17), terminal (16), flat washer (15), new lock
washer (14), and secure with nut (13).
(5) Align connector (11) to mating circuit board (12) connector and push in place until lock engages.
(6) Secure cable assembly (10) with four tiedown straps (9). Cut to remove excess tiedown strap material.
(7) Close power box assembly cover (8) and turn three latches (7) to secure.
(8) Carefully position control box panel (3) in place and align mounting holes. Be sure no wires are pinched.
Secure with 16 flat washers (6), new lock washers (5), and screws (4).
(9) Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with
eight captive screws (1).
4.37 TEMPERATURE SENSOR (RT1) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 2)
Lock Washers (qty 2)
Insulation Sleeving (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.