4.40 POTENTIOMETER (R1) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 3)
Insulation Sleeving (qty 3)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(2) Loosen four captive screws (1) then separate remote box (2) halves and lay it open being careful not to
damage wire leads.
(3) Remove a d discard three pieces of insulation sleeving (3).
Tag and unsolder three leads (4) per
(4) Loosen two set screws (5) and remove knob (6).
(5) Remove nut (7), lock washer (8), flat washer (9), and potentiometer (10).
(1) Install potentiometer (10) and align anti-rotation pin. Secure using flat washer (9), lock washer (8), and nut
(2) Rotate potentiometer (10) shaft to position it at mid-point then install knob (6) with pointer at mid-point and
secure by tightening two set screws (5).
(3) Slide one piece of insulation sleeving (3) over each lead (4). Connect leads using tags and wiring diagram
heat to shrink in place using heat gun. Remove tags.
(4) Assemble remote box (2) halves being sure that no wire leads are pinched.
Secure with four captive