4.41 CONTROL BOX ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 16)
Lock Washers (qty 11)
Marker Tags (qty 70)
Crimp Nuts (qty 6)
Splices (qty 8)
Tiedown Straps (qty 6)
Tiedown Straps (qty 23)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(3) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(4) Support control box panel (3) and remove 16 screws (4), lock washers (5), and flat washers (6). Carefully
pull control box panel away as far as wire leads will allow.
(5) Turn to release three latches (7) and open power box assembly cover (8).
(6) Remove two screws (9) and compressor cover (10).
(9) Tag and disconnect high temperature cutouts (S4 and S5) leads (11) inside volute assembly (12).
(10) Cut two each tabs (13) with tab housings (14) off cable leads and discard.