4.41 CONTROL BOX ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT - CONTINUED.
(14) Using tags and wiring diagram figure 4-14, connect high temperature cutout leads (11). Remove tags.
(17) Install compressor cover (10) under reversing valve guard (60) then align mounting holes and secure with
two screws (9).
(18) Close power box assembly cover (8) and turn three latches (7) to secure.
(19) Carefully position control box panel (3) in place and align mounting holes. Be sure no wires are pinched.
Secure with 16 flat washers (6), new lock washers (5), and screws (4).
(20) Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with
eight captive screws (1).
4.42 POTENTIOMETER (R2) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 3)
Insulation Sleeving (qty 3)
Lock Washers (qty 16)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(2) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(3) Support control box panel (3) and remove 16 screws (4), lock washers (5), and flat washers (6). Carefully
pull control box panel away as far as wire leads will allow. Discard lock washers.
(4) Remove and discard three pieces of insulation sleeving (7).
Tag and unsolder three leads (8) per
(5) Loosen two set screws (9) and remove knob (10).
(6) Remove nut (11), lock washer (12), flat washer (13), and potentiometer (14).