4.44 TOGGLE SWITCH (S7) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 16)
Marker Tags (qty 3)
a. Removal. See figure 4-43.
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(2) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(3) Support control box panel (3) and remove 16 screws (4), lock washers (5), and flat washers (6). Carefully
pull control box panel away as far as wire leads will allow. Discard lock washers.
(4) Tag three wire leads (7). Loosen three screws (8) and remove wire leads.
(5) Remove toggle switch cover (9), nut (10), toggle switch (11), and anti-rotation ring (12).
(1) Be sure anti-rotation ring (12) is on toggle switch (11) then install toggle switch. Align anti-rotation ring key
with panel and secure using nut (10) and toggle switch cover (9).
(2) Loosen three screws (8) and install wire leads (7) using tags and wiring diagram figure 4-14. Secure by
tightening screws. Remove tags.
(3) Carefully position control box panel (3) in place and align mounting holes. Be sure no wires are pinched.
Secure with 16 flat washers (6), new lock washers (5), and screws (4).
(4) Carefully slide electrical assembly (2) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with
eight captive screws (1).