4.46 HEATER ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Marker Tags (qty 8)
Lock Washers (qty 8)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(4) Pull quick release pin (1) if installed.
(5) If heater barrel (2) is pushed in, pull it out to operating position.
(6) Remove eight screws (3), lock washers (4), and flat washers (5). Remove finger guard (6). Discard lock
(7) Remove three screws (7). Carefully pull heater assembly (8) out as far as wire leads will allow and support as
(8) Tag and disconnect high temperature cutout leads (9).
(9) Tag and disconnect heat bank leads (10).
(10) Remove nut (11), lock washer (12), flat washer (13), lock washer (14), and ground terminal (15). Discard lock
washers. Heater assembly (8) may now be removed.
(1) Support heater assembly (8) near heater barrel (2) as necessary to connect wire leads.
terminal (15), new lock washer (14), flat washer (13), new lock washer (12), and nut (11).
(2) Using tags and wiring diagram figure 4-14, connect heat bank leads (10). Remove tags.
(3) Using tags and wiring diagram figure 4-14, connect high temperature cutout leads (9). Remove tags.