4.47 INSIDE BLOWER REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
a. Removal. See figure 4-46.
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(3) Turn flange assembly (1) to unlock then remove it. Be sure filter (2) and, if applicable, return cover (3) are
kept in flange assembly.
(4) Remove inlet bell (4).
(5) Remove jam nut (5), lock washer (6), flat washer (7), inside blower (8), and key (9). Discard lock washer.
(1) Install key (9), and inside blower (8). Secure with flat washer (7), new lock washer (6), and jam nut (5).
(2) Install inlet bell (4). Spin inside blower (8) by hand and check that it spins freely and does not rub on inlet
Return cover will obstruct air flow if installed in flange assembly during operation.
Equipment damage can result if operated with return cover installed in flange
(3) Install flange assembly (1) in either direction as necessary, with filter (2), and if applicable, return cover (3) in
place. Turn flange assembly to lock in place.
4-112 Change 1