SERVICE MANIFOLD INSTALLATION.
THIS TASK COVERS:
Refrigerat ion Unit Service Tool Kit
Refrigerant Recovery and Recycle Unit
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(2) Raise and secure cover to access service valves inside unit.
Sudden and irreversible tissue damage can result from freezing. Wear gloves and
face protector or safety glasses in any situation where skin or eye contact with
refrigerant is possible.
Compressor lubricating oil used in this equipment is caustic. Wear gloves and a
face protector or safety glasses in any situation where skin or eye contact is
possible. If oil does contact skin, wash with soap and water.
Dangerous chemical refrigerant under pressure is used in this equipment. Use
great care to avoid contact with liquid refrigerant. Work in a well ventilated area.
Heat may cause the refrigerant to decompose and release irritating, toxic, and
corrosive gases. Prevent contact of refrigerant with flame or hot surfaces.
(3) Remove two protective caps.
(4) Check that all four service manifold valves are closed.
(5) Connect service manifold pressure gage hos e to discharge service valve and compound gage hose to suction
service valve. Lay service manifold outside unit then rest hoses in end panel notch so cover can be closed if
(6) Connect service manifold charge hose to recovery unit.
(7) Open service manifold pressure gage valve and charge valve. Operate recovery unit and allow refrigerant to
purge for 3-5 seconds. Close pressure gage and charge valves then shut down recovery unit.