TM 9-4910-586-14 & P
2-2. The Stands are shipped banded together on an approximate 42 x 48 inch pallet. The
rear brace assembly (right and left legs), the support assemblies, and hardware for each
Stand is packaged in a cardboard box positioned and banded in the center of the pallet.
One box is supplied with each stand. Preparation for use and operation procedure follow.
PREPARATION FOR USE
2-4. The following procedures provide unpacking and set-up instructions for the Stand.
1. Remove the steel bands securing the Stand(s) to the pallet.
2. Remove the Stand(s) from the pallet.
3. Remove the steel bands attaching the cardboard box(es) to the pallet.
4. Remove the cardboard box(es) from the center of the pallet.
Remove the support assemblies, rear brace assembly (right and left legs), and
hardware from each cardboard box.
6. Attach four support assemblies (item 10) to the Stand base assembly with screw
(item 11), nut (item 14) and washers (items 12 & 13).
7. Loosely attach rear brace assembly left leg (item 19) to left end of the rear cross-
member with screw (item 7), washers (items 17 & 18), and nut (item 9).
8. Loosely attach rear brace assembly right leg (item 19) to right end of rear cross-
member with screw (item 21), spacer (item 22), washers (items 17 & 18), and
nut (item 9).
Spacer (item 22) is inserted between right leg
a n d rear crossmember.
9. Securely attach right and left legs together with screw (item 7), washer (item 17),
and nut (item 9).
10. Secure mounting bolts on lower end of left and right legs at rear crossmember.
2-6. Operation procedures for use of the Stand are as follows:
Position the Stand as required near the equipment to be moved.
2. Tighten the jack stand at the left front of the Stand to insure that the Stand is steady.
3. Adjust the vertical support assemblies and rear brace assembly as required to
accommodate the dimensions of the load.