3-8. DIPSTICK REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
This task covers:
Do not attempt to remove dipstick without first loosening handle.
Failure to comply may damage dipstick.
Engine, transmission and power steering reservoir dipsticks are
removed and installed the same way.
(1) Loosen dipstick (1) by turning handle (2) counter-clockwise until disc (3) turns freely.
(2) Remove dipstick (1) from dipstick tube (4).
(1) Install dipstick (1) in dipstick tube
Maintain inward pressure on
dipstick while tightening.
(2) Turn handle (2) clockwise until
disc (3) does not turn freely
(3) Turn handle (2) clockwise an
additional two turns to secure
dipstick (1) in tube.
Change 1 3-63 (3-64 blank)