It is essential that torque values be maintained to
insure proper operation of the suspension system. The
torque values of the suspension bolts and nuts must be
checked after the initial break-in period of 1,000
miles (1,600 km) and every three months thereafter.
Failure to do so may cause injury to personnel, damage
to equipment and will void the warranty.
Before tightening bolts, make sure trunnion tube is
(4) Install two bolts (9), washers (8) and nuts (7) on each trunnion hanger
(10) (welded to frame). Torque to 300 lb ft (408 Nm).
(5) Install upper trunnion caps (5) and lower trunnion caps (6) on each side.
Before tightening bolts, make sure teflon bushings are
properly centered in trunnion caps.
(6) Install two large u-bolts (3), four washers (2) and nuts (1) on each set of
springs (4). Torque to 880 lb ft (1192 Nm).
(8) Remove axle and frame supports.
TASK ENDS HERE