g. Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the standard of the basic quantity of the listed item as used in performing the
actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two character alphabetical abbreviation (e.g., ea, in., pr,
etc.). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest unit of issue that will satisfy the required units of
measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration
figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in the column in
lieu of a quantity indicates that no specific quantity is applicable (e.g., shims, spacers, etc.).
E-4. Special Information.
a. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled are found in this manual. Assembly
components are listed immediately following the item to be assembled.
b. Repair parts kits and gasket sets appear as the last entries in the repair parts listing for the figure in which its parts
are listed as repair parts.
c. Usable on codes are shown in the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
E-5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Using the maintenance allocation chart, determine the functional subgroup within which the repair part
belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for functional subgroups, and listings are divided into the same
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional subgroup to which the repair part belongs.
Third. Identify the repair parts on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the repair
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
number or part number. This index is in ascending NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in ascending
alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts list.