CHARGING THE REFRIGERANT SYSTEM - CONTINUED.
(17) Run FDECU for 15 minutes and observe sight glass through cover.
Two different liquid indicators can be used and each has a unique center indicator
(a) Green to chartreuse or blue to violet to pink center, depending on liquid indicator being used, means
refrigerant moisture content is acceptable.
(b) Yellow or red center, depending on liquid indicator being used, means there is too much moisture in
(18) Be sure all service manifold valves are closed.
(3) Connect the charge hose to a tank containing refrigerant R- 134a set to deliver gas and the vacuum hose to
(4) Check that compound gage and pressure gage valves are closed.
(5) Open vacuum and charge valves.
(6) Open refrigerant tank valve. Operate reclaim unit for 3 to 5 seconds to purge hoses.
(7) Close refrigerant tank, vacuum, and charge valves then stop reclaim unit.
(9) Set refrigerant tank to deliver gas only.
(10) Check that all service manifold valves are closed.
Never introduce high discharge pressure into a refrigerant tank. This can cause
the tank to rupture and injure personnel.
Never introduce liquid refrigerant into the suction shut off valve. This can cause
(11) Open refrigerant tank, compound gage, and charge valves.