GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
6.1 GENERAL. The only item authorized by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) to the general support
maintenance level is welding or straightening repair to the FDECU frame. However, general support maintenance may be
called upon to perform any or all of the MAC items listed for unit and direct support maintenance for rehabilitation or
overhaul of the FDECU.
6.2 FRAME ASSEMBLY REPAIR.
THIS TASK COVERS
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
(2) Disassemble the FDECU as necessary to access repair area then make repair as indicated.
(3) Repair any minor sheet metal dents and bent edges by straightening using common sheet metal repair
(4) Weld any cracks or breaks in frame members or welds per MIL-B-7883.
(5) Touch-up any painted surfaces per TM 43-0139.
(6) Assemble the FDECU after making necessary repairs.