BASIC ISSUE ITEMS LIST
Section I. INTRODUCTION
(3) Noun name and dimensions, if necessary.
This appendix is a list of basic issue items. It is
(4) Name of manufacturer of end item (from
composed of those items which make up the major end
item of equipment and the operator's tools and
equipment that are issued with the equipment and are
(5) Federal stock number of end item (from
required for stockage. For a list of repair parts for the
(6) Manufacturer's model number (from TM
2. Requisition Notes
or name/data plate, preferably name/data
a. Repair Part Identified by Federal Stock Number.
(1) If the exact item requisitioned is not
(7) Manufacturer's serial
furnished, or if other action is necessary,
the exact nature of the action taken by the
(8) Any other information such as type, frame
commodity command will be indicated by
number, and electrical characteristics, if
standard symbols on prescribed forms.
(2) When requisitioning an item, the
(9) If DD Form 1348 is used, fill in all blocks
requesting agency will order the listed
except 4, 5, 6, and Remarks field, in
item. However, the commodity command
accordance with AR 725-50. Complete
will take necessary action to issue the
form as follows:
exhausted, whether it be an individual
(a) In blocks 4, 5, and 6, list
item, kit, set, or assembly.
manufacturer's part number (as
(3) Requisition for replacement of items that
listed in description column).
are the responsibility of commodity
commands will be submitted to the
(b) In Remarks field, list noun name
(repair part), end item application
materiel code number, column 1a.
(FSN of end item), manufacturer,
model number (end item), serial
b. Part to which Federal Stock Number has not
number (end item), and any other
been assigned. When requisitioning a C source (local
pertinent information such as frame
procurement) item identified only by a manufacturer's
number, type, etc.
part number, it is mandatory that the following
3. Explanation of Columns
information be furnished the supply officer:
a. Source, Maintenance, and Recoverability Code
(1) Manufacturer's code number (5 digit
number preceding the colon in the
(1) Materiel numerical codes (col. 1a). This
(2) Manufacturer's part number (the number,
commodity command for the materiel.
and sometimes letters, following the
The commodity commands responsible
colon, (1) above). Dashes, commas, or
other marks must be included exactly as