MODEL NO. 235
MAGNETO TIMING LIGHT
The Model No. 235 timing instrument has been designed to visually indicate,
either singly or simultaneously, the synchronization of magnetos in a single
or dual ignition system.
It is important to refer to the applicable engine manual for the specific
engine being worked on and for detailed breaker point adjustment procedures.
Insert batteries (two size D dry cells) in accordance with instructions in the
BATTERY POWER SUPPLY section of this manual.
TO TIME SINGLE MAGNETO
(1) Connect the BLACK (common/negative) lead to ground on magneto
(2) Connect either one of the RED (positive) leads to magneto primary.
(3) Place switch to the ON position.
(4) Crank or rotate the magneto breaker cam slowly.
(5) When a lamp glows, the magneto points are open.
TO SYNCHRONIZE TWO (2) MAGNETOS OR A SECOND SET OF BREAKERS IN A DUAL
(1) Following the same procedure as above, connect the other RED lead to
the primary of the other magneto or second set of points.
(2) Crank or rotate magneto breaker cam slowly.
(3) When both sets of points of the magneto are open, both indicator
l a m p s w i l l g l o w . When one set of points closes, the one correspond-
ing lamp goes out.