RECOVERY OF BRIDGE BAY (Contd)
2. Crew members stand outside of cab holding onto safety rails until
pushknees (6) touch bridge bay (1).
3. Boat operator maneuvers BEB (5) so pushknees (6) stay in contact with center
of outer portion (7) of bridge bay (1).
4. Crew members connect one bow line (3) to each cleat (2) at downstream side of
bridge bay (1).
Ensure each bow line is tight and bridge bay is held firmly
against boat pushknees or bridge bay will tend to pull off to
one side of boat. Failure to comply may result in damage to
5. Crew members pull bow lines (3) tight, and secure them to each bow bollard (4).
Designated crewmember will assist in maneuvering bridge bay
by using hand signals to communicate with boat operator.
Boat crewmembers will stand by to assist in raft or bridge
disassembly when directed by bridge or raft commander.
6. Crewmembers disconnect bridge bay (1) from bridge or raft assembly. Refer to
TM 5-5420-278-10 or TM 5-5420-209-12.
SIDE OF BAY