ANCHORING BRIDGE ASSEMBLY USING BEBS (Contd)
1. Boat operator maneuvers boat (7) into position until pushknees (3) are in
contact with the downstream outer pontons (bow pontons) of bridge (2).
When more than one boat is required, boats should be
evenly spaced along bridge.
2. Crewmembers wait on or near the bow of the boat (7) without blocking the boat
operator's view; wait until both pushknees (3) touch the bridge (2).
3. Boat operator, keeps both pushknees (3) in constant contact with the bridge (2).
Do not get any part of body between the bridge and boat.
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to
Ensure each bow line is tight and boat pushknees are
held firmly against the bridge bay; boat will tend to pull
off to one side of bridge if bow lines are loose. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
4. Crewmembers secure bow lines (5) and (9) to two nearest outer ponton (bow
ponton) cleats (1) and (4) on bridge bay (2). Pull bow lines (5) and (9) tight, and
secure them to each bow bollard (6) and (8).
5. Boat operator holds position of bridge on centerline by adjusting the
throttle/transmission control levers and scoop reverse deflector control levers.
Follow hand signals from bridge commander.