Section I. TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
3-1. Special Tools and Equipment.
The operator needs
no special tools
maintain these vehicles.
3-2. Basic Issue Items. Repair parts, equipment, and accessories
to be used
operator of these vehicles are listed in the Basic Issue Items List. Refer to Appendix B.
3-3. Expendable Supplies and Materials. Supplies and materials for
Section II. PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND
A permanent record
of the services, repairs, and modifications
these vehicles must be recorded. See TM 38-750 for a list of these forms and records
a. Designated Intervals.
Observe cautions and warnings.
(1) BEFORE checks and services (B) of PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE must be
performed prior to placing vehicle, or its components, in operation.
(2) DURING checks and services (D) of PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE will be
performed while the vehicle and/or its components/systems are in operation.
(3) AFTER checks and services (A) of PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE are
performed upon completion of mission.
(4) WEEKLY. checks and services (W) of PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE are
performed once every seven days.
(5) MONTHLY checks and services (M) of PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE are
performed once every 30 days.
(1) Troubleshoot malfunctions. Refer
to Table 3-2. Or, notify supervisor.
(2) Use DA Form 2404 and report non-repairable item(s) to organizational
maintenance at once.
(3) Tools included with vehicle are to be used when making PREVENTIVE
MAINTENANCE checks and services. Also, wiping cloths are sometimes needed to remove
dirt, grease, etc.