2-44. OPERATING IN MUD (Cont'd)
(3) Remove mud from drain hole (1) on converter housing cover (2).
(4) Remove mud from battery box drain holes.
To prevent parking brake linkage from binding, lithium grease should
be used after operating in mud.
(5) Clean mud, grit, and debris from linkage. Apply lithium
grease (appendix D,
item 14), and move linkage back and forth to work into joints.
(6) After operation in deep mud, vehicle must be lubricated and serviced by
unit maintenance as soon as possible.
a. General. Extreme heat exists when ambient temperatures reach 95F (35C) or
more. The effect of extreme heat on vehicle engine is a decrease in engine efficiency.
b. Before Operation.
(1) Perform before operation checks and services
in table 2-2.
(2) Check for foreign objects in front of radiator and clean as required.
(3) Check batteries more frequently. If electrolyte is low, add distilled water