PREPARATION FOR USE (Con't)
RAISING LANDING GEAR
Check coupling lock by trying to ease tractor and semitrailer forward. If properly coupled, go to step 2. If not
properly coupled, repeat COUPLING.
2. Unhook landing gear handcrank (24) from chain (25).
3. Pull handcrank (24) outward approximately 2 in. (5 cm) for high speed operation and turn counterclockwise
until landing gear (14) is fully raised.
4. Lower handcrank (24) and stow chain (25).
REMOVING CHOCK BLOCKS
Remove chock blocks (1) from outer forward wheel and tire assembly (3) and outer rear wheel and tire
2. Repeat step 1 for other side of semitrailer.
3. Place chock blocks (1) in stowage brackets (2) on right front of semitrailer and loop chains over bracket ends.