TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
3-7. WHEEL AND TIRE (cont)
REMOVAL OF WHEEL AND TIRE ASSEMBLY FROM HUB (cont)
Outer cap nuts on right side (marked R) have right hand threads and those on left side (marked L)
have left hand threads. Nuts must be turned in opposite direction to normal forward rotation of
wheel to be loosened or removed.
3. Loosen six outer wheel nuts (1), using wheel nut
4. Jack up semitrailer until wheel clears the ground.
5. Remove wheel nuts and remove wheel.
6. If inner wheel is to be removed, remove inner six
cap nuts and inner wheel in same manner.
1. Outer wheel nuts
INSTALLATION OF WHEEL AND TIRE ASSEMBLY ON HUB
1. Make certain mounting faces of hub, ball seats and flat mounting surfaces of wheel are clean and free of foreign
matter or excess paint.
2. Check to see that threads of studs are clean and not damaged.