TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
Do not requisition an "XA"-coded item. Order its next higher assembly. (Also, refer to the NOTE below.)
If an "XB" item is not available from salvage, order it using the FSCM and part number given.
Installation drawing, diagram, instruction sheet, field service drawing, that is identified by manufacturer's part
Item is not stocked. Order an "XD"-coded item through normal supply channels using the FSCM and part number
given, if no NSN is available.
: Cannibalization or controlled exchange, when authorized, may be used as a
source of supply for items with the above source codes, except for those source
coded "XA" or those aircraft support items restricted by requirements of AR 700-
(2) Maintenance Code. Maintenance codes tell you the level(s) of maintenance authorized to USE and REPAIR
support items. The maintenance codes are entered in the third and fourth positions of the SMR Code as follows:
(a) The maintenance code entered in the third position tells you the lowest maintenance level authorized to remove,
replace, and use an item. The maintenance code entered in the third position will indicate authorization to one of the
following levels of maintenance:
- Crew or operator maintenance done within
organizational or aviation unit maintenance.
- Organizational or aviation unit level can
remove, replace, and use the item.
- Direct support or aviation intermediate
level can remove, replace, and use the item.
- General support level can remove, replace
and use the item.
- Specialized repair activity can remove,
replace, and ;use the item.
- Depot level can remove, replace, and use