DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING (CONT)
(26) Pull drivers side winch cable (36) to curbside front of payload and route over both front tiedown chains (40).
(27) Attach clevis on drivers side winch cable (36) to pear ring on front curbside tiedown chain (40) next to shackle
(41) on curbside front towing lug. Secure winch cable (36) by installing shouldered pin (27) and cotter pin
(28) Route drivers side winch cable (36) through streetside gooseneck cable guide (34) and around pivot pin
(29) Pull PASSENGER SIDE WINCH lever (23) upward momentarily until there is enough slack in passenger side
winch cable (24) to he removed from stow hook (25). Move clevis on winch cable (24) off of stow hook to
unstow winch cable. Continue paying out winch cable (24) until spotter on the ground can reach clevis.
Release lever (23).
(30) Disengage PASSENGER SIDE WINCH KICKOUT (21) switch by pulling on switch.
(31) Remove cotter pin (26) and shouldered pin (27) from clevis on passenger side winch cable (24).
(32) Perform step (9) of paragraph 2-26b to disconnect all rear tiedown chains from payload. Winch operator must
pull WINCH SPEED CONTROL switch (37) to LOW. Push ENGINE SPEED CONTROL switch (32) to HIGH
ENG IDLE. Momentarily push ENGINE SPEED CONTROL switch (33), to lock engine speed at high idle
(approximately 1500 rpm), and then release switch.
(33) Remove two large shackles (11) from four load binders (12) and rear payload tiedown rings.
Failure to extend safety rail while attaching or removing payload winch cable may
cause injury to personnel.
(33.1) Unlatch and extend gooseneck safety rail (43).
(34) Install one large shackle (11) each to upper right recovery eye (16) and upper left recovery eye (15).
(35) Pull out passenger side winch cable (24) and attach clevis to shackle (11) on payload upper right recovery
eye (16). Secure winch cable (24) by installing shouldered pin (27) and cotter pin (26).
Failure to retract and latch gooseneck safety rail before operating tractor/trailer will
result in damage to equipment.
(35.1) Retract and latch gooseneck safety rail (43).
2-148 Change 1