4-28. COMPRESSOR (B1). - Continued.
4. Remove thermal cutout switch (10) and remove from compressor.
1. Install thermal cutout switch (10) into crankcase of compressor.
2. Refer to tags installed during thermal cutout switch removal and solder thermal cutout switch
wires to jumper wires of connector and to terminal H of J4 connector (7).
3. Install junction box (1), two lock washers (3), and two screws (2).
(1) Remove four nuts (1), four flat washers (2), and four large flat washers (3).
(2) Remove four bolts (4), four flat washers (5), four large flat washers (6), and four resilient washers (7).
(3) Lift or tilt the compressor (8) and remove four resilient washers (9), four large flat washers (10), and four
compressor mounting bushings (11) from beneath the four mounting feet of the compressor.
(4) Debraze tubing attached to compressor (s ee para. 4-7).
Acid in sludge can cause bums. If compressor bum out is suspected, use care
when handling compressor to avoid touching compressor sludge.
Serious injury could occur if heavy equipment is moved or lifted without sufficient
personnel to do the job. Use proper physical lifting procedures or use a suitable
lifting device or dolly. Wear safety shoes, gloves, and other suitable protective
(5) Carefully lift compressor (8) from air conditioner.