When operating the air conditioner and generator set in
2-21. OPERATION IN UNUSUALLY WET CONDITIONS.
unusually wet conditions, perform the following:
a. Air Conditioner.
(1) More frequent inspection and cleaning of the condensate trap and drain lines to ensure proper drainage
and prevent accumulation of water inside the cabinet.
(2) Roll down and secure the fabric cover on the back of the cabinet during periods of wet, windy weather when
the air conditioner is not in operation.
(3) Roll up, and secure the fabric cover during dry spells when the air conditioner is not in operation so that the
(1) Keep fuel tank full to protect against moisture condensation and accumulation.
(2) Check wiring connectors for corrosion and wire insulation for signs of deterioration.
(1) Frequently inspect and clean your trailer to prevent accumulation of rust and fungus.
(2) Have inactive trailers lubricated periodically.
2-22. OPERATION IN SALT AIR OR SEA SPRAY.
a. Air Conditioner. Salt air or sea spray may cause many of the same clogging problems as encountered when
operating in a dusty or sandy environment. In addition, the nature of salt presents serious corrosion problems.
is used in operation of this equipment.
DEATH ON CONTACT
may result if personnel fail to observe safety precautions.
Never work on electrical equipment unless there is another person nearby who is
familiar with operation and hazards of equipment and who is competent in
administering first aid. When technician is aided by operators, he must warn them
about dangerous areas.
Whenever possible, input power supply to equipment must be shut off before
beginning work. Take particular care to ground every capacitor likely to hold a
dangerous charge. When working inside, after power has been turned off, always
ground every part before touching it. Be careful not to contact high voltage
connections of 208 volts AC input when installing or operating this equipment.
Whenever nature of operation permits, keep one hand away from equipment to
reduce hazard to current flowing through vital organs of body. Do not operate
equipment without al guards. louvers, and covers in place and tightly secured.