4.30 RELAYS (K1 THRU K5) REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 4)
Marker Tags (qty 10)
a. Removal. See figure 4-29.
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect main power cable from power source.
(2) Loosen eight captive screws (1) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (2) out.
(3) Turn to release three latches (3) and open power box assembly cover (4).
All five relays are mounted under a common bracket that must be removed to
access any individual relay.
(4) Remove four screws (5), lock washers (6), flat washers (7), spacers (8), and bracket (9). Discard l ck
All five relays are mounted the same way and the following procedures apply to
any one of them.
(6) Tag and disconnect wire leads (10) as necessary.
(7) Push and hold latch (11) down to release then pull bottom of relay (12) out and up off rail (13) to remove.
(1) Hook top of relay (12) on rail (13) then push bottom in until latch (11) engages.
(2) Connect wire leads to relay (10) per tags and wiring diagram figure 4-14. Remove tags.
(4) Install bracket (9) onto relays (12) then install four spacers (8), flat washers (7), new lock washers (6), and
(5) Close power box assembly cover (4) and turn three latches (3) to secure.