CHARGING THE REFRIGERANT SYSTEM - CONTINUED.
(12) Run FDECU for 15 minutes and observe sight glass through cover.
Two different liquid indicators can be used and each has a unique center indicator
(a) Green to chartreuse or blue to violet to pink center, depending on liquid indicator being used, means
refrigerant moisture content is acceptable.
(b) Yellow or red center, depending on liquid indicator being used, means there is too much moisture in
(c) Milky white or bubbly liquid means system has low charge.
(d) Clean bubble free liquid around center means the system is fully charged.
Never introduce liquid refrigerant into the low pressure (suction) charging valve.
(13) If charge is low, set refrigerant tank to deliver gas only.
Never introduce high discharge pressure into a refrigerant cylinder.
cause the cylinder to rupture and injure personnel.
(14) Check that pressure gage valve is closed.
(15) Open refrigerant tank, compound gage, and charge valves.
(16) Charge until sight glass remains clear and bubble free for 15 minutes.
(17) When system is fully charged, immediately close refrigerant tank, compound gage, and charge, valves.