(7) (FDECU-2 AND FDECU-3 ONLY) Install compressor bracket (22) and align mounting hole. Secure with flat
washer (21), new lock washer (20), and screw (19).
(8) (FDECU-2 AND FDECU-3 ONLY) Align mounting holes then install two screws (18), new lock washers (17),
and nuts (16).
(9) (FDECU-2 AND FDECU-3 ONLY) Install compressor brace (15) and align mounting holes. Secure with two
flat washers (14), new lock washers (13), and screws (12).
(10) (FDECU-4 AND THEREAFTER) Install compressor brace (18A) and clamp (17A). Secure with two flat
washers (16A), screws (15A), flat washers (14A), new lock washers (13A) and nuts (12A). Be sure
compressor brace mounting holes are aligned prior to tightening clamp.
(11) Align mounting holes then install six new lock washes (11) and screws (10).
(12) Connect wire leads to compressor and reversing valve assembly (1) using tags and wiring diagram figure
(13) Be sure compressor cover is in place then install reversing valve guard (9) and secure with screw (8).
(14) Install two screws (7), flat washers (6), new lock washers (5), and nuts (4).
(15) (FDECU-2 ONLY) Install compressor crankcase heaters per paragraph 4.49.
(16) Carefully slide electrical assembly (3) into frame. Be sure no cables or wires are pinched. Secure with eight
captive screws (2).
(17) Close and secure cover.
5.18 HIGH OR LOW PRESSURE CUTOUT SWITCH (S2 OR S3) REPLACEMENT
THIS TASK COVERS:
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 2)
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure cover retaining rod is in place and properly
secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
(2) Raise and secure cover to access pressure cutout switch (1).
(3) Loosen eight captive screws (2) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (3) out.
(4) Remove two nuts (4), lock washers (5), flat washers (6), and screws (7). Discard lock washers.
Change 1 5-39