(2) Tire pressure should be reduced to aid in
When repacking the wheel bearings, it is
(3) Cables and terminals must be protected by
ignition insulation compound.
completely before repacking with grease,
since sand or dust mixed with the grease
(4) Corrosive action on all parts of the trailer
will occur in areas of high humidity and during the
forms an abrasive mixture.
rainy season. Evidence will appear in the form of
(2) Reducing tire pressures will aid in am-
rust and paint blisters on metal surfaces and
mildew or mold on fabrics, leather, and unpainted
wooden surfaces. Protect exterior surfaces by
Bring tires up to normal specified pressure
touch-up painting and keeping a film of engine
a s soon as soft sand area has been
lubricating oil (OE / HDO-10) on unfinished
exposed metal surfaces.
e. Fording and Excessive Humidity.
(5) A careful watch must be kept for evidence
(1) Wheel bearings should be cleansed and
of the presence of moths and termites.
hand-packed with lubricant as specified in the
lubrication chart (para 3-1) after each submersion.