ARMY TM 9-2805-259-14
AIR FORCE TO 38G2-89-54
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-615-14E
4-44. Exhaust Manifold and Exhaust Pipe.
This task covers:
Seat, Exhaust Manifold (P/N 13206E0964)
a. Removal. (figure 4-40)
Some engines are not equipped with seats.
(1) Remove eight nuts (1) and remove two exhaust manifolds (2) and (3), exhaust pipe (4), and
(2) Loosen two clamps (6) and separate exhaust manifolds (2) and (3) from exhaust pipe (4).
Drycleaning solvent PD-680 used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel and
property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100F.-138F. (38C.-60C.).
(3) Clean all items in drycleaning solvent, and dry thoroughly.
(4) Replace all items that are worn or otherwise damaged.
Installation. (figure 4-40)
(1) Install exhaust pipe (4) and clamps (6), but do not tighten clamps.
(2) Install exhaust manifolds (2) and (3), exhaust pipe (4), and seats (5) and secure with eight nuts (1).
(3) Tighten two clamps (6).