(1) Refer to figure 5-8 for identification service valves. Remove caps from both service valves.
(2) Connect and operate a recovery/recycling unit in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
c. Remove 18 screws and washers from the four edges of the fabric cover, and remove the cover.
d. Remove 15 screws and packing washers from the top surface of the top panel, and five screws from the rear
flange. Remove the top panel.
e. Unscrew two panel fastener screws from the upper edge of the lower panel. Remove the lower panel.
f. Release six cam-lock studs in the frame of the air intake grille by turning them clockwise. Remove the grille.
Remove two screws and the retaining strip from the right edge of the air filter, and remove the air filter.
g. Remove the control panel assembly from the air conditioner as follows:
(1) Disconnect and remove the wiring harness plug from the left end of the control panel assembly.
(2) Remove the screw and loop clamp which attaches the temperature control thermostat sensing bulb to the
wail of the air intake chamber.
(3) Remove four screws from the corners of the control panel mounting range.
Be careful to avoid kinking the capillary tube when removing the thermostat sensor bulb.
(4) Withdraw the sensor bulb and capillary tube through the hole and grommet while removing the control
panel assembly from the air conditioner. Carefully coil the capillary tube, and tape it in the cavity in the control panel to
protect it from damage.
h. Remove the junction box from the air conditioner as directed below:
(1) Loosen the setscrew in the end of the circuit breaker reset cable end fitting. Straighten the end of the
cable, and remove the end fitting.
(2) Remove two loop clamps and screws from the circuit breaker reset cable, and remove the cable from the
actuator arm connector plate and the junction box.
(3) Unscrew the four panel fastener screws that secure the mounting flanges of the junction box to the
mounting brackets in the air conditioner.
(4) Pull the junction box forward, and disconnect and remove two wiring harness connector plugs from the
receptacles on the rear of the junction box. Remove the junction box from the air conditioner.
i. Remove two screws near each end of the pressure cutout switch reset information plate. Leave pressure
cutout switch housing in place at this time.
Do not perform the following operation until all refrigerant has been discharged from the system.
Escaping refrigerant gas under pressure can cause permanent tissue damage from sudden freezing.
j. Both pressure cutout switch
connections to the refrigeration system are
located near the compressor the
low-pressure-cutout switch in a cross-fitting in the suction line. and the high-pressure switch in a tee fitting (across from
the pressure control switch) in the discharge line. Use a wrench on each side of the joint. and unscrew both pressure cutout
k. Carefully withdraw pressure cutout switch housing from the air conditioner, leading capillary tubes
and electrical wires out as the housing is withdrawn.