e. Replace the pressure switch if it does not meet pressure and continuity requirements.
Install the pressure switch in the air conditioner in accordance with the following instructions:
a. Slide a one inch long piece of heat-shrink tubing over each wire lead of the switch, and connect wire leads to
pins O and g of connector plug, P3. Solder connections, slide heat-shrink tubing over connection, and use a match or
other heating device to shrink tubing onto connection.
b. Connect switch body to tee fitting, using two wrenches to tighten flare nut on switch.
c. Replace falter-drier (dehydrator) as directed in the following procedure:
(1) Unscrew flare nuts from top and bottom connections of the filter-drier.
(2) Remove the screw holding the band clamp to the casing and remove band clamp and falter-drier.
Do not remove caps from the connections of a new filter-drier until ready to connect system tubing.
(3) Place band clamp on a new filter-drier in such a position that the direction-of-flow arrow will point up
when installed. Attach the falter-drier and band clamp to the casing with the screw previously removed, or equivalent.
(4) connect tubing to top and bottom of the filter-drier with the flare nuts on the tubing.
d. Leak test the refrigeration system
in accordance with the instructions
in paragraph 5.24.
e. Evacuate and charge the system
in paragraphs 5.25 and 5.26.
Pressure test as indicated
After successful completion of pressure testing, close both service valves, remove gauges or manifold, and install caps on
valves. Assemble the air conditioner as follows:
a. Install the junction box as directed in the following procedure:
(1) Connect electrical wiring harness plugs to receptacles on the rear surface of the junction box.
(2) Insert the end of the circuit breaker reset cable through the hole in the actuator arm connector plate, and
install core-end fitting on end of cable.
(3) Attach circuit breaker reset cable to the junction box with two loop clamps and screws. Let atleast 1/4
inch of the cable sheath extend below the bottom loop clamp.
(4) Install the junction box in the air conditioner by securing the mounting flanges to the brackets with four
panel fastener screws.
(5) Adjust the circuit breaker flexible cable and the core end fitting by pressing the circuit breaker down,and
pressing the actuating knob all the way in. Position the core end fitting 0.12-0.25 inch (3-6 mm) below the connector
plate. Bend the last 118-1/4 inch of the cable at right angles.
b. Install the control panel assembly in the air conditioner in the following manner.
(1) Carefully uncoil the capillary tube of the temperature control thermostat, and lead the sensor bulb
through the hole and grommet in the floor of the air intake chamber. Secure the sensor bulb with a loop clamp and screw.