5.19 REVERSING VALVE REPLACEMENT.
THIS TASK COVERS
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit
Lock Washers (qty 2)
a. Removal. See figure 5-15.
Rotating parts and lethal voltage levels are used in operating the FDECU. Be sure
power source is disconnected. Injury or death can occur if connected to power
(1) Shutdown the FDECU per paragraph 2.4 and disconnect it from power source.
The FDECU cover is heavy. Be sure the cover retaining rod is in place and
properly secured with hair pin cotter. Injury can occur if cover drops.
Raise and secure cover to access reversing valve (1).
Remove insulation from tubing as necessary.
Tag and disconnect reversing valve (1) wire leads.
Purge the refrigerant system per paragraph 5.5 then de-braze the reversing valve (1) connections per
(7) Loosen eight captive screws (2) and carefully pull the electrical assembly (3) out.
(8) Remove two nuts (4), lock washers (5), flat washers (6), and screws (7). Discard lock washers.
(9) Remove screw (8) and reversing valve guard (9).
The reversing valve can be damaged by high heat. Be sure to wrap the valve body
with wet rags as instructed to avoid damage to internal components when brazing.
(1) Install reversing valve (1) onto tubing ends. Purge the refrigerant system per paragraph 5.5 and braze