I. Visual Inspection
Prior to any spark plug reconditioning processes:
a. Remove engine seat gaskets from each spark plug.
b. Visually inspect each spark plug for the following obvious non-reparable defects, to eliminate unnecessary
reconditioning time and expense.
1. Severely damaged shell or shield threads nicked up, stripped or cross-threaded.
2. Badly battered or rounded shell hexagons.
3. Out-of-round or damaged shielding barrel.
4. Chipped, cracked or broken ceramic insulator portions; tip end or shielding barrel sleeve.
5. Badly eroded electrodes worn to approximately 50% of original size.