Figure 2. Oil Filter
1. Install the compressor oil drain plug (figure 1, item 1).
2. Apply a thin film of clean air compressor lubricating oil to the oil filter's gasket (figure 2, item 1).
Do not over tighten the oil filter. Over tightening can lead to filter failure, filter leakage,
and subsequent compressor failure.
3. Install the new oil filter and tighten it until its gasket (figure 2, item 1) contacts the mounting base. Tighten
the filter an additional 3/4 turn after the gasket contacts the mounting base.
Oil is added to the compressor through the dipstick tube.
4. Remove the compressor dipstick (figure 1, item 3), and fill the compressor with clean oil until the oil regis-
ters slightly above the HIGH mark on the dipstick. Approximate capacity is 4.75 quarts (4.5 liters). Refer to
table 1 for the proper oil.
5. Install the dipstick (figure 1, item 3).
6. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.