(6) Push engine stop control knob (4) all the way in.
(7) Check to sce that emergency stop control knob (9) is all the way in.
(8) Turn battery switch (3) to ON position.
Use the hand throttle for starting engine and warm up only. Do not use hand
throttle in place of accelerator pedal.
(9) Pull hand throttle control knob ( 1 ) out halfway.
(10) Depress clutch pedal and bold down while starting engine
Do not operate starter longer than 10 seconds at a time. It engine fails to start
immediately, allow a 2 minute cool-off period before operating starter again.
(11) Push starter button (5) in. Release button when engine starts.
If oil pressure gage (12) does not register and maintain at least 15 psi within 20
seconds, stop engine immediately by pulling engine stop control knob (4) out und
turning battery switch (3) to OFF position. Refer to table 3-2 for troubleshooting
If battery generator indicator does not indicate charging with engine at fast idle
with all accessories off, stop the engine. Refer to table 3-2 for troubleshooting
If engine temperature gage snows an unusual rise or fails to register, stop the engine.
Refer to table 3-2 for troublesshooting instructions.
(12) Check your instrument cluster:
(a) Check oil pressure gage (12). It should read above 15 psi.
(b) Check battery generator indicator (10). It should read in the green area.