On trucks equipped with a transfer power takeoff, the transfer can be operated in
NEUTRAL as long as the power takeoff is engaged. The transfer bearings receive
lubrication from the power takeoff pump. Never disengage the power takeoff when
the transfer is in NEUTRAL, because this will disengage the power takeoff pump
which supplies lubrication for the bearings.
(1) Apply parking brake by pulling
handbrake lever (4) up. Turn knob at end of
handle as required to adjust tension on brake
cable, before applying brake.
(2) Place transmission gearshift
lever (1) in N (neutral) position.
( 3 ) On trucks equipped with a
transfer power takeoff, place power takeoff
control lever (5) in neutral position.
(4) On wreckers equipped with a
transfer power divider, place power divider
ccntrol handle (2) in DISENGAGED
position and set the lock (3).
(5) On dump truck, place dump body control lever (2) in NEUTRAL position and set
the lock (3).
(6) Pull choke control knob (8) out 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
Use choke sparingly in warm weather or when engine is warm
(7) Push antidiesel control valve knob (7) in.
(8) Turn ignition switch (6) to ON position