This task covers:
General mechanics tool kit
The frame and axle must be firmly supported to prevent
shifting of the semitrailer. Shifting may cause
serious injury to personnel and damage to equipment.
(1) Support axle and frame on each side.
Omit step 2 when working with the M871A1 semitrailer.
The M871A1 semitrailer does not have a spider bolt.
(2) Loosen spider bolt (1, fig. 4-39) when working on M871 semitrailer.
(3) Remove anchor pin retaining rings (2) and anchor pin washers (3).
(4) Drive out anchor pins (4 and 5).
(5) Remove spring (6) from upper shoe (7) and lower shoe (8).
(6) Remove spring pin (9) from both shoes (7 and 8).
(7) Remove rollers (10) and roller retainers (11).