TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
5-7. AXLE ASSEMBLY (cont)
ASSEMBLY OF NEW AXLE
1. Determine centers of equalizing arms by adding five inches to air spring centers. Example: 30-inch air spring
center plus 5 inches equals 35-inch equalizing arms center.
2. Locate equalizing arm centers on axle.
3. Position two axle adapters on bottom of axle at the center points located in step 2 above. Clamp adapters in
4. Using a level protractor, adjust both adapters as shown. Be sure adapters are parallel and tight against axle.
5. Weld both adapters securely as shown above with a minimum of three passes, using welding rods AWS Spec. E-
7016 or equivalent.
6. Position tee fitting on new axle in same location as the original axle and secure with cap screw, lock washer and