TM 9-2330-373-14 & P
5-7. AXLE ASSEMBLY (cont)
1. Position semitrailer on level surface with front end resting on landing gear legs.
2. Deflate air springs.
3. Extend leveling Jack enough to relieve each tire of ground contact and provide support during removal and
Wear goggles when opening air reservoir drain cock. Failure to do so could cause
serious eye injury from high pressure air.
4. Open air reservoir drain cock to relieve air pressure.
7. Disconnect hydraulic brake hose at tee on rear center of axle.
8. Support axle with Jack.
9. Remove eight nuts (8), eight washers (7), four
rod bolts (1) and four rod bolts (2).
10. Remove two axle connection caps (6) and two
rubber pads (5).
11. Lower jack supporting axle and remove axle and
rubber wrapper (4) from underneath semitrailer.
Axle connection cap