LOADING AND UNLOADING ABLE PAYLOADS (CONT)
(31) Adjust ramp span width inboard (furthest inboard position) and stow loading ramps for transport as required
(33) Stow crowbar at back of platform and secure in place with hitch pin. Restow all tools and equipment used
during this procedure into platform stowage compartment.
(34) If tractor/semitrailer is not going to remain parked at this time, restow tractor wheel chocks.
DUAL WINCH LOADING AND UNLOADING
The following procedures provide instructions for loading and unloading a
disabled payload (M1 Series Main Battle Tank) on the M1000 Semitrailer coupled to
a U.S. Army M1070 or M911 tractor. The M1070 tractor is illustrated as the prime
mover throughout these instructions; however, unique instructions for either the
M1070 or the M911 tractor will be identified where applicable. The prime difference
between the M1070 and M911 tractor is that the M1070 tractor has an auxiliary
winch system which is used to pull the main winch cables to the rear of the
semitrailer for attachment to the payload. The operation of the M1070 winch
controls is described herein. Refer to the M911 Operating Instructions TM for
location, description, and operation of winch controls.
a. Dual winch loading. To load a disabled payload, proceed as follows:
(1) Start tractor per applicable tractor Operating Instructions TM.
(2) On M1070 tractor, set central tire inflation system (CTIS) switch (1) to setting for expected road or terrain
conditions and allow tractor to sit until selected CTIS indicator (2) remains lit for that CTIS setting.
2-122 Change 1