5-16. OUTDOOR COIL.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, service, refrigeration unit
Power off at power source.
Both side door assembly and coil guard removed. See para 4-19.
General Safety Instructions:
Disconnect input power to the unit before performing any internal maintenance.
Voltages used can kill. Shutting the unit off at the control panel does not disconnect
When handling coils wear gloves to avoid cuts and to reduce fin damage on the
(1) Discharge the refrigerant system. See para 5-5.
(2) Move the defrost control bulb (1, Figure 5-6) out of its holder (2) away from the outdoor coil (3).
(3) Remove the ten screws (4) securing the venturi panel (5).
(4) Purge the system with nitrogen and debraze the tube joints (6) at the outdoor coil (3). See para 5-6 and 5-
When handling coils, wear gloves to avoid cuts and to reduce fin damage on the coil.
(5) Carefully slide the outdoor coil to the side and pull it out of the air conditioner.