5 - 1 8 . CHARGING THE REFRIGERANT SYSTEM. - continued
(3) Check that vacuum and charge valves are closed.
(4) Open pressure gauge and compound gauge valves.
(5) Open refrigerant cylinder valve.
(6) Open charge valve slightly to allow a small amount of refrigerant to purge air from hoses. (Tighten hose
connections on the HIGH and LOW PRESSURE CHARGING VALVES.) Close charge valve.
Never introduce liquid refrigerant into the low pressure (suction) charging valve.
(7) Close compound gauge valve.
(8) Set refrigerant cylinder to deliver liquid only.
(9) Place refrigerant cylinder on an accurate scale to measure and record weight.
(10) Open HIGH and LOW PRESSURE CHARGING VALVES.
Open charge valve. Allow Iiquid refrigerant to enter system until drum weight has decreased
by 3.4 pounds (1.5 kg) or until system pressure has equalized.
(12) Close charge and pressure gauge valves.